Saturday, January 24, 2015

My @Skymall Eulogy: My Top 5 + 1 Products I'm Going to Miss

As apparently everyone seems to know, I'm a big fan of the Skymall catalog on my flights.  Over the past few years, once the electrical devices needed to be put in the "off" position, the Skymall was my take-off and landing entertainment.

Now, with Skymall seemingly coming to an end, the bandwagon has been hopped upon...with a number of articles highlighting the best products we're all going to miss.  In my eulogy to the Skymall, I've decided to write my own...Top 5 products I'm going to miss, plus an honorable mention.

#5 - The iGrow Laser Hair Growing Helmet.  "In weeks", after wearing this helmet, you'll get thicker, fuller looking hair.  You'll be alone, but at least your hair will be fuller.


#4 - The Men's Padded Butt Enhancer Brief.  First of all, this product should come with a free psychologist appointment.  However, I was especially interested in the fact that it's fast-drying...just in case.  It's breathable, too.  Whew!


#3 - The Hot Dog Scented T-Shirt.  I'm sure the cologne industry shuttered when they saw this...having spent years developing scents, probably over a lunch time hot dog, when the answer was right under their nose.  Smell like a hot dog all day long.  


#2 - The Paper Towel Dispenser / Power Adapter.  Because I want to have electricity running through the kitchen accessory that I only use when my hands are wet.  Brilliant!


#1 - The Power Nap Head Pillow.  This guy is sitting in public with this thing on...and there isn't a crowd around him?  Although I've matured a bit, that earhole would be an awfully attractive basketball hoop while waiting for a flight.  I must admit, this may not have come from the SkyMall catalog, but if it didn't, then who cares...it should have.  


Honorable Mention:  The Paligamist, Pajama Obsessed Dad.  It's not because these pajamas are so cheesy that I point this page out.  I just want to make sure this guy's 3 wives and 7 kids know that he's living a triple life.  A triple life with a strange addiction...to pajamas.


I'll be on multiple flights again this upcoming week...so I may be taking the copy with me as suggested, hoping it may someday be a collectible.




No comments:

Post a Comment